Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Practice 1.22.23

                                             Happy Lunar New Year

 - The Year of the Water Rabbit -

The Photo:

The Photo:

Warmer but the tide was high. The wind was coming out of the west on the walk to the beach and then it turned to more S S/W once I got there. 

The wind was blowing pretty strong but it felt good, I guess because it was in the high 60's and I was dressed for it? 


The Practice:

The tide was all the way; I still did a full warm up but on some pretty soft sand. Soft sand is not my favorite surface to train on, because it's so hard on your feet and tough to balance on. 

When I first started wintering in Florida by the Ocean, I used to love training Bagua Zhang in the soft sand, but then I ended up injuring my achilles tendon and feet. So this morning  I decided the tide was too high to continue practicing on the beach, so walked back to the house and continued a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan in my backyard.

I was focused on Soft and Smooth this morning. 

Notes:

Drove up to Jacksonville to visit my Mom at MooseHaven this morning. 

We had a nice visit. We brought her outside to visit down by the St. Johns River.  After she had lunch Ginnie played cribbage with her. Mom loves to play cribbage and she's still sharp as a tack!!