Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Practice 1.29.23

 

The Photo:

It was warmer this morning, with a gentle breeze from the south. The tide was pretty far out. The next low tide is at 9:26am ad the sun rose at 7:15am. As the days are getting longer the sunrise is inching earlier day by day, slowly but surely, one minute at a time. 

Between the changing times of the tides and the sunrises I feel that I am witnessing the movement of the planet.

The profound connection to nature that I’m feeling these days, is beyond description. It's magical!


The Practice:

I built todays practice on yesterdays and the day before and so on. My daily practice is a continuum of previous practices. I generally will work on a particular principle until I’ve successfully elevated my understanding and feel as though I’ve made some progress. This takes time and consistency. 

This morning’s main focus was the principle of Central Equilibrium. I keyed in to the lightness of my body, continually monitoring for any unnecessary tension and my state of relaxed balance. 

Relaxed balance (Central Equilibrium) can be particularly difficult on the beach. This morning the sand was a little wet, because the tide was pretty far out. So if i stood on one foot very long (as in the kicks) the sand would get mushy and very difficult to find vertical relaxed balance. A bit challenging it was!

 I recited out loud:

“Stand like a poised scale, move like a cartwheel”



Notes:

After shooting a few photos I started to exercise and immediately needed to take my windbreaker jacket off. I was a little overdressed.

I lost one of my gloves on the way home. I got all the way back and had my sneakers off, then I realized I was missing one of my ‘go to the beach at sunrise’ gloves.  As I started back to the beach I saw Ginnie and Lucy crossing A1A and there was my glove on the sidewalk. All’s good!