Thursday, January 12, 2023

Sunrise Practice Thursday 1.12.23

 

The Photo:
It was cool with a slight N N/W breeze. The tide was mostly out. 
This was one of my first shots, just before the sun rose above the horizon.
I've been mesmerized by the horizon lately, every time I come to the sea shore, especially when the wind and wave action is mild and the sea is flat (er). 
Interesting patterns on the sand this morning. 

Notes:
I saw Nicole (interested in T'ai Chi Ch'uan) and her college age daughter on the way to the beach. I saw them again on the beach, and after shooting the sunrise and in-between my warm ups and my daily Round, I had a conversation with them. They are from Montreal and are leaving Saturday. All the best in finding a T'ai Chi teacher in Montreal Nicole. I gave Nicole one of my biz cards so she could reach me with any questions regarding finding a good teacher. 

The Practice:
 With the tide mostly out there was plenty of hard packed beach to practice on. Not many tourists this morning. I guess because it was sort of cool? Looks like a cold front coming in overnight tonight. 

I started with an Inner Cultivating Qigong and proceeded to The Ten with variations along the way. After a conversation with Nicole and her daughter I did a left side Round.
Today I found myself concentrating on 
1. Alignment
2. Release and Expand
3. Nose breathing
4. Relaxed Balance - Especially on either foot - 
5. Feeling my Feet
6. Cultivating Earth/Ocean/Sky energy

I finished with Healing Qigong:
 
"Breathing In the new and the fresh, 
                            Exhaling the old and used"

-Breath out longer than you breath in-

The Lesson:

I hope you're enjoying your practice!

It's easier to be consistent once a practice becomes habitual
(Humans are creatures of habit)

It takes from 60-90 consecutive days 
to form or break a habit 


Give it a try!