Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Sunrise Practice Wednesday 1.11.23


 The Photo:

This is the very first image I captured this morning. I've been getting out a bit later. I happened to get set up and capture the moment the sun made it's first appearance.
I keep looking for the fabled 'Green Flash' any time I'm near the ocean at sunrise and sunset. 
Do I see a little bit of green glow in this photo?? What do you think? Wishful thinking I suspect!

It was colder this morning (low 50's) with light N N/W breeze the tide was mostly out. Plenty of beach to practice on.

The Practice:
I wore gloves and a warm wool hat, several layers on top and sweatpants this morning to practice!
*I started with a full warm up
**A Round on the Right Side - Focusing on this line in the T'ai Chi Ch'uan Classic -
(This is verbatim from Master T. T. Liang's book T'ai Chi Ch'uan for Health and Self-Defense)
 
"The energy is rooted in the feet, develops in the legs, is directed by the waist, and moves up to the fingers. The feet, legs and waist must act as one so that when advancing and retreating you will obtain a good opportunity and a superior position."

Notes:
While I was practicing;
I saw Bob and Mike doing their beach walk. They stopped to talk on their walk north and then again while they walked south. They were trying to solve the problems of the planet!? 
I also say Mary Kay, but not to talk to. She was also walking the beach. 

The Lesson:

It's nice to see folks with the habit of early morning exercise on the beach. 
Walking is something that (almost) everyone can do. 

If you're healthy enough to walk (or any other kind of exercise): 

Just DO IT! 

Support your local sunrise!!