Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday Practice


The Photo:

It was warmer this morning, in the mid 60's with a pleasant breeze from the west. The ocean was flat with a gentle swell. Sunrise was at 6:58 am. The tide was rising, scheduled to be high at 9:31 am. There was plenty of hard pack sand to practice on.


The Practice:

This morning I stayed focused on:

"Feeling the earth pressing up against the bottoms of my feet"

I used Pore Breathing focusing on the earth breathing in as I closed (yin - like deflating a balloon - 'go to sleep' - song [releasing] - sinking downward.

Then the earth breathing as I opened - like inflating a balloon - 'wake up' - Peng [expanding] - Rise up with the feeling of the earth pressing up against my feet.

"The energy originates in the feet, developed in the legs, directed by the waist, formed in the fingers," 


Notes:

There were more tourists/vacationers on the beach this morning. I guess it's the warmer weather and the lower tide. There were a few regulars but nobody stopped to talk. 

I saw Rita from a distance as she was walking west on 21st ave with her dog Louie.