Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

The Photo:

It was in the mid 60's this morning with virtually no wind, the ocean was flat. The problem with no wind is the no-see-um's! I had a few biting my face and neck, everything else was covered. I was still able to negotiate a full practice.

The sunrise was at 6:57 am and the last low tide was at 4:37 am. There was a large expanse of hard pack sand to practice on.


The Practice:

With the ocean so flat, it's a good opportunity to see dolphin and even whales! 

As soon as I put my camera away and started to practice. I saw a dolphin surfacing for a breath. Absolutely beautiful and a an excellent omen/sign that I was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing!

With gratitude and appreciation;^)

This morning, I was very tuned into where and when I was practicing. This is a pretty regular awareness that I try to foster. Consciously cultivating an extraordinary appreciating nature.

Technically I stayed Focused on my whole body feeling:

 'Light and Spirited' 

and 

'Connected like a string of pearls'

I spent a good deal of time/effort paying extra attention to just the right amount of stretch while opening and closing (compressing). I tuned into my:

1. Alignment - Vertical plumb line

2. Release (Relax/Song) - Lowest 'numbers' possible without collapsing my structure.

3. Feel the connection developed by properly stretching (Think tuning a guitar string, no too sharp or flat, just right)

4. The proper amount of stretch connects:

a) Internally

b) Externally (to a partner or nature)

All in all a very productive practice!


Notes:

I saw:

 Bob and Mike to wave to. 

The gang of 4 to say hi to.

John stopped to talk. He's been in Costa Rica surfing with a friend for the past week. Good conversation!