Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday Practice

 



The Photo:

I captured the proverbial 'crack of dawn' this morning!

It was a bit cooler this morning in the low 60's , even with a pretty steady breeze from the south it was pleasant. The ocean was kicked up compared to the last few days, whipped up by the steady south wind. The ocean's always flattest on the days that the wind is coming in from the west and that leaves the beach in the lee. The tide was high at 6:01, the sunrise was 6:48 am, so the tide was going out but was still high, there wasn't any hard packed sand to workout on. I opted for 'quicksand' close to the water line as opposed to the softer sand closer to the dunes. I almost got caught by the ocean again this morning. I find it fun to 'push-hands' with the ocean!


The Practice:

I'm getting some indescribable  results from my Sunrise Beach practices. I wish I could put what I'm experiencing into words, but alas it's 'indescribable' and probably (IMO) a unique experience to me personally. 

I've been reflecting on this idea today; 

1. How do you make it look and feel like you are a long term walker, jogger...etc. etc.???

2. How do you make it look and feel like someone who has gone to the gym for years???

3. How do you make it look like you've done the technique/form 10,000 times???

You can probably guess the correct answer. This gets lost on a large number of folks. There is NO substitute for DOING it. 

Whatever 'it' is just DO IT!


Notes:

I saw a few regulars:

The 4 sunrise beach walkers to wave to

Paul stopped to say hi....