Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday Practice


 The Photo:

It was very pleasant on the beach this morning. Temperature was in the high 60's with a gentle breeze from the W S/W. The tide was high at 6:45 and the sunrise was at 6:47 this morning, so there was only a little beach available and no hard packed sand to practice on. I got as close to the water line as I dared, playing 'push-hands' with the ocean. I made it through my entire practice without getting caught by that one set of waves that comes way up the beach. Yay! I made due practicing in the 'quicksand'; It certainly makes the kick sequence more challenging. 

The Practice:

Yet another in a series of Sunrise Beach Practices! Frankly I've lost count. 
The extraordinary has become ordinary. 

With gratitude and appreciation!! 

This morning I tuned into monitoring and adjusting my release (Sung) to get the proper amount of stretch in order to connect the tissue from foot to fingers. 
I find it easier to access the PS (Proper Stretch) when extending and more challenging as I'm drawing in towards my center. 
The idea is to keep the 'opening' of the joints whether you are extending (opening) or drawing in (closing).

In advancing or retreating, right or left, up or down; 

"Hang the muscles and open the joints"

I started by exploring the PS (Proper Stretch) during my warm ups, then in Standing with various postures both double leg (Wuji) and single leg (Play Guitar), then into the T'ai Chi Ch'uan solo form (rt side). My goal was to be aware of when I was (in proper tune/stretch) and when I wasn't. The loftier goal was to observe my reaction to either state, from the third party perspective and not the ego. 

Notes:

I saw a few regulars to wave too. I even saw GG and Lucy from a distance. They were walking north from the 20th Ave Walkover.