Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thursday Practice


 The Photo:

Yet another sunrise practice. Very clear again this morning. All sunrises are similar, some are very similar, especially on consecutive cloudless mornings. But just like practices they are similar but different. Very cool to witness the changes in nature. Most of earths changes are on a geological clock (super slow) with some exceptions like volcanos, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados and the beach. Observing natural changes on the beach caused by the changing tides and wind is mostly a positive experience that is relatively easy to access. Some of the other quick natural changes are a bit more difficult, unruly and down right dangerous!

It was in the mid 60's this morning and the sunrise was at 6:49 the last high tide 5:24 am so the tide was going down. However, here's still some wave sets that come up the beach further than the 'norm'. I got my right foot and my tripod caught by one of those sets. I moved nimbly and quickly to extricate my tripod and camera and of course my sneakers. Whew! Fun with the tides. It's a game I play with practicing close to the water line and paying just enough attention to the wave sets to move up the beach towards the dunes when I anticipate a wave set coming up higher that the norm. Occasionally I get caught;^) It's a very good time to practice being 'non-reactive'. 



The Practice:

I'm contemplating the idea that the goal of daily practice is to go thru a 'personal transformation'. Think school......The gym....The Dojo...Music lessons....Dance lessons....Acting lessons........etc. etc. '

IMHO - Seeking a positive personal transformation is the correct mind-intent for martial arts training/study.

The other idea that I'm contemplating today is 'curiosity'

IMHO -  It's essential to cultivate a healthy curiosity about what kind of transformation would occur if I consistently applied myself? Hmmmm.....I wonder?? Am I curious enough to give it a try?? 



Notes:

I saw a few of the regulars walking and jogging.

Paul stopped briefly to say hi. He was jogging again!