Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thursday Practice

 


The Photo:

Sunrise was at 7:09 this morning. The tide was rising with the next high tide at 10:10. There was a steady breeze from the S S/E (no no-see-ums) and plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. 

Life is Good!



The Practice: 

The regularity and length of time I've been experimenting with doing a Cultivating Internal Practice on the beach at sunrise, is changing 'how it feels'. After 6 months I've successfully formed a habit. Practicing on the beach at sunrise has become so 'ordinary' for me I find myself needing to access gratitude and appreciation to remind myself how special this opportunity is. Everything goes through the same evolution; First it's NEW, then it's NOT new, then it's regular or ordinary, then if you can persevere 'it' will become extra-ordinary. It's challenging from the beginning but does become increasingly more challenging, in a different way, as time goes on. 

The best advice I can give, is DO NOT overthink or underthink, especially while you are practicing.

*Just DO:

 "The best you can with what you know." 

Most importantly keep an eye out for 'negative internal self-talk', like making excuses and procrastinating. Just DO IT the best you can. 

"Choose your path and follow it with heart"


Notes:

I saw:

Three of the four walkers

Paul the jogger (still walking)

Lot's of tourists.......