Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

The Photo:
Sunrise was at 7:02 this morning with low tide at 8:44. Very strong on shore wind coming from the east. There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on and very few folks on the beach.

The Practice:
The strong easterly wind made this mornings practice a little iffy. Because of the wind direction I was unable to get out of it. I turned my back to the wind for my Warm Ups and initially decided to come back to the house after my Warm Ups to do a Round in my backyard. But I felt I was sufficiently warmed up and ended up doing my Round (left side) on the beach. 
I only have one more day this season to practice on the beach. So I found myself reflecting on the results of 6 months of beach/sunrise practices. Hard to put into words. But I'd would highly recommend it if you are given the opportunity.
Support your local Sunrise!

I focused on smooth transitions from one posture to the next. Maintaining "Stand like a poised scale" and feeling my internal gyroscope "Moving like a cartwheel". The sand and the wind make the relaxed balance a bit more challenging.

Notes: 

I saw the four walker, this morning there were only three

I also saw Paul the jogger to talk with. I let him know that we are heading north tomorrow morning. I may not see him again until next Nov. 
Have a good summer Paul!!