Thursday, May 25, 2023

Friday Practice

 

I'm taking the last day off of scuba diving. I need a break from the rush, rush. This is a photo of the dive boat getting ready to head out for a two tank local dive. 

With a leisurely start I practiced around 10am with a full Warm Up, a little weapons training (Arnis double stick) and a Round on the right side. Afterwards a few minutes of drum rudiments on a pillow to round it out. It felt really good to be 'ready' to practice. In the early am practices I'm mainly getting it in before diving because I'm just too pooped out and hungry when we get back. It felt really, really good to practice on my own schedule, even though it meant missing the last morning of diving. It's also ultra conservative to continue to off gas (nitrogen) before flying home tomorrow afternoon. I'm less inclined to 'push it' as I get older. 


 We had a very nice spread as a end of the week celebration last evening. The lighting show over the mountains across from the channel was an excellent perk!