Thursday, May 11, 2023

Thursday-Friday Practice - It's challenging to be consistent with complicated travel

 After leaving Boston on Tuesday at 10:25pm on a red eye flight to Doha, Qatar. Very uncomfortable seat in a fully packed plane, no sleep at all, with a 7 hour time change we had a 8 hour layover and then another red eye to Cebu City leaving Doha at 2am we finally arrived in the Philippines! Went through customs and loaded onto a bus for another 40 minute drive to the Blue Water resort to rest, eat and recover for a day. We lost a full 12 hours overall. We were all exhausted and went right to sleep after supper. 

Today is Friday and it's a welcomed 'chill day' to recover from the long travel days. 

This is a photo from our Dec '22 trip to the East End of Grand Cayman. They have excellent Newton custom made dive boats. Nicest dive boats you'll see right there!!

I'm having mucho trouble loading new photos from my phone. I'll switch this one out as soon as I get some good WiFi.....

After breakfast and a little rest I decided to do my daily practice in the air conditioned room. It is super hot a super muggy outside.

My main goal was 'consistency', plain and simple as it seems. Consistency is actually a very high level aspect of ones practice. Without out it only mediocre results will follow. 

One day 'off', often leads to two days off... Then three.....You get the picture.

EVERYONE that ever stops doing 'anything' decides to stop (or start) on one given day. 

My Bass Guitar teacher Smillin' Steve told me that if you miss one day, you can tell, if you miss two days, your teacher can tell, if you miss three days, the audience can tell. 

There is only two ways:

Doing and Not Doing


I'd suggest:

Don't think....Just DO!