Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Saturday, Sunday, Monday Practice



Extra long travel day by bus on Saturday, from Cebu City to Malapascua Island off the northern tip of Cebu.

I did my Round outside the room at The Blue Water Resort in Cebu, City. 

We left the resort at 10:30 am for Malapascua Island. It was a little depressing to see how poorly people were living. There was pure unadulterated poverty, for hours on end. The entire length of the island was one cardboard tin roofed shack after another. Lots of scooters and crazy, insane driving. It was a free for all and most intersections. I was very happy that I was not driving.

We arrived at Maya on the northern most tip of Cebu and boarded a funky dive boat to Malapasqua Island. It was about a 1 hour crossing. When we finally got to Malapasqua we had a briefing and signed documents for about another hour then finally got the key to our room (#16). We started to get our dive gear ready and then dinner. It took four days of travel to get here. We were all tired and it felt really good to get prone and get a good night’s sleep.


Sunday 5.14.23

After breakfast we did our ‘check out’ dives. Ginnie wasn’t feeling up to it. The rest of us did two dives. Not great visibility but some very different creatures. Two Sea Horses, a couple of nudibranchs and I think a Batfish. The second dive had a ripping current at the surface. The current made it interesting and a bit difficult for our return to the boat. 

We are so busy diving I will have to wait to write more about my practice and experiences at a later date.

I have been getting my daily practice in very early in the am before we go diving. Yesterday for example practice at 4:30 am, leave for Thresher Shark diving at 5:30 am we did not return until 5 pm. Exhausted!