Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Wednesday Practice - While traveling, you just need to find a quiet spot to practice in!

 

Todays practice spot: A quiet corner in the Al Maha Lounge in the Doha Airport in Qatar.

After a very long (12 hours) flight we arrived in Doha, Qatar. I found a little private spot to practice  (before this guy got there), in The Al Maha Lounge, that we pre-paid for. Norm recommended that we book The Al Maha Lounge, because we have an 8 hour layover before our next 10 hour flight to Cebu, Philippines. 

Finding a quiet spot to practice in while traveling can be challenging. I've practiced in some pretty odd places over the years. This one wasn't too bad. I also considered going into one of the private showers before I found this little spot. 

It was an interesting practice. I wasn't able to sleep on the plane. It's been a long time since I stayed up all night long. Staying seated and not moving for 12 hours is ......Ugh! Not great!!

I started with an shortened Warm Up then a Round (right side). It wasn't the best round I've ever had but then again it was better that some.

When I'm traveling I try to just get the job done and I don't pay too much attention to overall quality of the session. It is what it is. 

There are times even in the best of situations when I should get a really good Round that turns out to be mediocre at best. It is what it is.

I find it's best to not pay too much attention. Don't think, just DO!!