Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday Practice - Is being active enough?

 Is being active a substitute for formal or informal exercise? 


This morning I experimented with a couple of hours of hard physical labor for my Warm Up. Instead of the very specific, qigong variety of stretching Warm Ups that I usually do, I substituted two + hours of hauling tree limbs and brush through the uneven ground of the forest on my property. I worked up a mighty sweat!! Full change of clothes, yup socks too! 

I proceeded to do a Round (right side). *I increased my awareness of the differences from the Warm Up substitution. It was....Interesting!


*One thing that I experienced is feeling tighter (shortened large muscles & connective tissue) in some spots that I usually can feel released. That in and of itself is profound; My usual Warm Ups do not tighten me up like hard physical labor. 

Also, I don't usually work up that kind of a sweat. Hmmmm! Maybe that's a positive? 

I did feel tired after a couple of hours of hauling broken trees around the woods. Lot's of walking on uneven ground. I don't usually feel tired. I usually feel invigorated, alive, calm and centered.

I think I'll go back to my normal Warm Up for tomorrows practice.

Hey, drop me an email or leave a comment if you're looking at this. Thanks!

Email Sifu Richard