Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Tuesday Practice - Travel days can be challenging!

 

A diving we shall go - Big adventures ahead - A couple very long travel days. It will be challenging to keep my 'Round' a day practice consistent. 
I may miss a few days posting here. But I'll catch up when travel and circumstances allow.

Travel practice tips:

From my experience I'd suggest to do 'it' early, at the first opportunity of that particular day. If you procrastinate you may miss the opportunity. Traveling often is 'where' to do it. I have done Rounds in airport bathrooms, deserted alcoves and even in airplane restrooms. Not the best setting, but eventually that will not make that much difference. Once you calibrate you being to be receptive to the greater qi (Tao). Practicing in the 'not ideal' setting helps to gain appreciation for the really nice spot. For me personally where the ocean meets the land is very qi full and conducive to accessing the Tao. 


I started with a review/practice of the 5 Cane/Stick forms that I know. First the 4 Anyo from Modern Arnis on both sides then the T'ai Chi Ch'uan Short Cane Form a few times. 

I proceeded to do a full Warm Up, Bagua Guard Standing and a Round (right side). 

Then a Bagua Zhang session focusing on Yin Fu Set #2 - Change #1

Today's training ideas:

Seek to move from release as opposed to contraction.

Feel the decades of conscious training in my body with as little conscious mind involvement as possible.

Balance thinking (intent) and feeling (no mind) 

Gotta go get ready to leave for the airport......

Enjoy your practices!

Email me if you're looking at this...Thanks

Email Sifu