Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 



Super early start to Oslob, Cebu, Philippines to encounter Whale Sharks. An amazing experience.
 
It was a 2 hour van ride down the west coast of Cebu and around the bend and up the east coast to Oslob. There were lot's of other tourists there to snorkel with the Whale Sharks. They feed them krill to bring them in and can almost guarantee sightings. The water was murky and there was a small current on the second dive. 

The Practice:
I did a full practice out on the deck, in the dark, before we left a 4:45 am.

Scuba Diving Practice:
I did an underwater meditation on the second dive as a number of problems with gear, mask, murky water and current had me needing to change my mind set....i.e. calm the heck down! 

I feel fortunate that I have the skills to overcome what could have been a panic attack. Experience teaches....

When you scuba dive you have many opportunities to Song (release/relax) in real time. Either you have the skills needed or you panic! There's no faking it.

I did get a few usable images from underneath the Whale Sharks. Ginnie got some really good GoPro footage of the vacume cleaning the krill. I'll post that when she works it up.