Sunday, July 23, 2023

Saturday and Sunday Practices


 My new Wushu Spear....I like the wax wood shaft, but the spear head...Not so much. 



Echo lounging on the couch. Sort of supervising my practice, but losing interest. 

I guess watching me  practice has lost it's 'new-ness'?

Saturday Practice:
We have a wedding to go to at noon so I did a quick practice on the deck. I did a Full Warm Up and a Round (right side)

In the mid-afternoonI did a Spear session and a round of Bagua Zhang 1st Yin Fu Set in the driveway. I used my new Wushu Spear for my Spear practice....It's shaft is made of wax wood but the spear head is a bit disappointing, cheaply made and no sound. Oh well! The Century Spear is much better for practice. I love the rattle it makes and the weight and diameter of the Spear shaft is more to my liking.

Sunday Practice:

I have Echo duty this morning while GG is in town doing errands. So first I did The 10 inside and then Echo and I went out on the deck so I could do my Round outside. I focused on Hun/Haaah Breathing with a short Haah, martial intent. Although I did use a longer Haah sound for some of the more qigong focused postures. 

After my Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan I did a round of The 21 using short and long Haah sounds and then some work on the 2nd Yin Fu Set #1 Change (single palm change) and the 'introduction' to the Set which I've been doing a bit differently.