Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday Practice

 

I practiced on the deck this morning.

I started with The 10+. I did the Single Leg Standing Set from the Cheng Style Bagua Zhang. I tweaking the Set so that it'll be healthy for a 70+ year old to do regularly. I ended with a Standing Meditation session and then a round of Wild Goose Qigong. What a great qigong that is. Very complete with sections on Opening the channels, Releasing turbid ch'i, Cultivating ch'i and Balancing ch'i. It's rather long and somewhat complicated to learn but very healthy to practice. Many thanks to Master Zhang Jie for teaching it to me back in the early 1990's. [Bow]

I spent some time on the 3 swings and Song Gong + exercises then I did a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan (left side). Focusing on my connection to the Tao. 

Very productive session.


After training on the deck I worked a little on The Barn Gym set up. I moved the TRX set up and brought the 20lb and the 10lb Dumbbells from the garage. Once I got things in order I did a full TRX and Dumbbell routine. I need to bring one of the big balls out for a sit up routine and I need to add push-ups too. Next time.....