Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sunday Practice

 

I practiced on the deck again this morning. Tea, sun and view, plus me and my assistant Echo! Fun!!

I found myself deeply feeling the slight stretch of my skin from head to toe and from finger tips to the soles of my feet. 

I imagined my skin being a single sheet and after awhile I could feel the individual stretches (soft tissue?) like a series of stretch bands some slightly stretching and some a bit more. I could also feel where there was resistance to the slight stretch (tension?). I trained to release the less stretchy areas and monitored the 'over' stretching of the rest of the tissue. My goal is to increase the conductivity of my connective tissue and to get my movement to be oriented by release and stretch as opposed contract and shorten. When you start involving the entire body in the equation it becomes a life long project. Mainly because as we age we contract. One has to work at it to keep the body open......Daily!

I kept this mental focus and feeling throughout The 10+ and my Round (right side).