Sunday, October 1, 2023

Sunday Practice

 

                   I practiced in the driveway this morning. I did a private with Jeff from 10-12:30. 

Before Jeff came I did a full Warm Up and a Round of Tai-Chi Saber (Dao) with some basics with the left hand. I also did a Round of the Tai-Chi Double Saber. 

When Jeff arrived, we started with a discussion about standardizing hand outs.

We then went on to work on the first Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Form. I filmed Jeff doing the Forms. We discussed details about the Willow Leaf Palm.

Next we went on to the second Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Form; "Yin Fu 8 Palms" 1-4. We worked a bit on 5 & 6. 

Afterwards I demonstrated the introduction and the first Change of the Bagua Spear Form that I've been creating. 

We then reviewed the Tai-Chi 13 Spear Set. First solo, then with each other. I think that the third section is the most productive. I have to say I'm still working on the sequence as much as anything else.

We finished with two person Spear 'Big Open, Big Close'.