Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday Practice

Close The Door and Push The Moon 
from
Bagua Zhang 
Yin Fu Style 
8 Palm Set 
(Our second Yin Fu Set)

I'm practicing around my first Bagua Zhang Tree in Leyden

It's Sunday morning so I'm practicing to classical music and drinking green tea in solidarity with Master's Paul and Ray. This morning I'm practicing to Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 1

I started out in my main practice area, with a full Warm Up using The 10+ Exercises. I added The Old 8 Palms from Cheng Style Bagua Zhang for #9 and concentrated on The Three Swings and Song Gong. I added a full round of Standing Meditation focusing on rearranging the sequence to abide by the Taoist Rule of the hardest part in the middle and easier at the beginning and the ending. So I put the 'overhead double yin palm in the middle and then transitioned down to the first position (basic Wuji). I also added Single Leg Standing during the "Embrace The Moon" posture.

After completing my Warm Up I went up on The Deck so I could use the wifi to listen to classical music while I did my Round (right side). 

Once again I recited the Tai-Chi Classics out loud while I was in Wuji right at the beginning of the form. The I continued to focus on The Principles throughout the Round.