Saturday, September 16, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

Tea and Spear Practice

Big open, 

Big close, 

Thrust 

I have Echo duty this morning so I practiced on The Deck. I started with a full Spear Practice including basics, review of Ta-Chi Staff and Low Family Staff that I've adapted to Spear. 

I went on to the Bagua Spear Set that I've been working on. It's been awhile so I found myself re-thinking the introduction and the first couple of Changes. I worked on it for awhile; I made some progress!

I used a balance board as the center of a Bagua Circle for the Spear Set and then for a Yi Fu 8 Palm Set. In the 8 Palm practice I Focused on Changes #1 & #2 w/ names of postures. 

After Bagua Zhang practice I moved on to a Warm Up & Qigong. Today I added Deck Railing Stretching and Push-Ups against the deck railing.

Next I did a Round (left side). I recited the Tai-Chi Classic out loud during Wuji at the very beginning of the Solo Form (Round). Then during the Round I focused on releasing my mind. Getting out of the way and simply 'allowing' the Form to flow through me. I experienced a profound connection to the energies of the universe itself. A connection that is simultaneously inside and outside of me. It became one in the same.

Breathing in,

Ch'i is in me.

Breathing out,

I'm in Ch'i.