Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tuesday Practice

 

I went into The Studio this morning to teach from 8-10:30 - I had 8 students show up. Nancy, LJ, Wes, Sally, Janee, Lucy, Read and Pat.

I started with talking about the 4 corners (2 shoulders, 2 hips) and them being unified or separated. I kept that theme throughout the Warm Ups. I placed blue tape on my 4 corners throughout the class. 

I explained the new neck warm ups and the difference between Wuji Breathing (longevity breathing) and Bagua Breathing (longevity breathing with a twist at the thoracic vertebra, which increases the tension on the diaphragm).

Next we did a Round (right side) pausing briefly throughout Part I. 

After class I stayed and discussed Bagua Walking variations and reviewed the Tai-Chi Jian Form with Read, Janee and Pat a couple of repetitions. 

Next I went to the YMCA for a Cybex session before I came back home. 

Note: Jeff's working with Jim the landlord to hash out the heating problems at The Studio.

It was 63 degrees when I arrived and went up to 65 with folks working out. All in all not to bad but when the weather gets colder it'll be a deal breaker! Good luck Jeff!!