Monday, February 5, 2024

Monday Practice

From the backyard it looked very colorful this morning. I brought my camera rig down to the beach, but by the time I got down there it had mostly gone away. But, there was the very last vestige of color on the horizon. As the sun can up the color vanished and it was totally colorless with heavy cloud cover. 
 


The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:11, high tide was at 4:37. It's 56 at the house. There was a N N/E breeze and the tide was rising. It was a pleasant but cool morning to practice on the beach.

First I saw the four sunrise beach walkers above. Then John (the surfer) stopped to chat. He's flying to Burlington VT tomorrow to spend time with his son and grandchildren, a little snow skiing to round it out. 

The Practice:

I started with a full warm up using The 10+

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on using neutral postures, readily able to transform energy, through alignment and connective tissue with a relaxed but focused mind harmonizing Jin, Qi and Shen. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo and Seiunchin Kata focused on more snap and agility throughout.

I finished with a Healing Qigong then back to the house. I had a 9am dentist appointment in Daytona.

In the afternoon I went to the gym and did strength training and them some staff and stick basics with the weighted polypropylene short poles that they have at the gym. It's quite a work out for my hands, wrists, arms and shoulders. I did some agility and core training and few exercises to loosen up my hips. Oy!!  My hips are tight!!!