Friday, March 29, 2024

Friday Practice


 I wished I had brought my camera and tripod (rig) but alas I shot this with my phone camera just as the sun was rising over the horizon. It was one of those clear and cold mornings. Very crisp it was!

The Details:

It's 61 here at the house. Sunrise was at 7:17, low tide at 6:40. There was a slight breeze from the S S/E and plenty of beach to practice on.

The Practice:

It's so much easier to balance my photography and internal martial arts practices when I just have my phone in my pocket. Although this morning I wish I had my rig. There's been a lot of dudes (washouts) this season. If I can see that the sunrise is going to be colorful, I'll be bringing my rig. 

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into opening and transforming my body and mind. 

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into the slow transformation and changes that Taiji is having on me. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Kusanku Kata tuned into the health aspect of practicing these forms. Kusanku is excellent for agility and stretching out the hip flexors. 

Next I did a round of Taiji Cane with a Broadsword. I changed the beginning and ending ala Sifu Haywards latest video. I tuned into the angle of the blade. I always do that when I use a cane, so I barely notice a difference and I find I can do it with very little effort.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

I have a standing video meeting with Jeff on Friday mornings 8-9