Thursday, March 21, 2024

Thursday Practice

            I shot this with my phone as soon as I got down to the beach. I was a tad bit late this morning.


 The Details:

It's 56 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:27, high tide at 7:10. 

It was cool with very little breeze. The tide was low for high tide. I played tag with the ocean and had to step lively up the beach every time the dominant wave came around. There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to the changes that these exercises are making in my body and mind. I've been doing them regularly for over 4 decades. With a full cell change every 7 years. I'm closing in on 7 cycles of 7 years. The changes that these simple exercises are having on me are profound. 

"If it's not in The 10, then it's probably not going to be anywhere else"

Sifu Roy

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned in to the effect of a daily round over the past 40+ years. 

I've built my life around my Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Taiji). Taiji is my constant companion. 

With gratitude and appreciation!

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo and Sunsu Kata tuned in to the agility that these forms offer. 

Next I used my wooden broadsword to do a round of Taiji Dao tuned in to the timing of my steps and strikes and the tip of my sword.

Next I did Push the Knife with my left hand

I finished with a Healing Qigong before heading back to the house.