Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

                                          Shot these images with my Cannon a few minutes after sunrise. 




The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:45 (early), low tide was at 10:41. It's 63 here at the house. There was a slight breeze from S S/W (I think)

The Practice:

I started with a round of The 10+ tuned in to opening my body and mind. I tuned in to feeling the effect of continuously doing The Ten for over 4 decades. They produce a number of affects if done regularly. These are truly a marvelous set exercises that I learned directly from Dr. Leung Kay-Chi during the summer of 1979. Bow

The + part of The Ten that I've been including for a few years includes the Three Swings from Bruce Frantzis (Kumar) and Song Gong from Master Huang's Taiji pre-requisites. These qigong have helped me immeasurably. Bow

I've been on 'retreat' for the past 8 years. since I've retired from professionally teaching martial arts. I've been cultivating my qi and my overall appreciation and connection to nature. I've regularly doing The 10+, Standing Meditation (I Ch'uan), various Qigongs, Walking Qigong, T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Taiji Quan), Bagua Zhang, Karate and Arnis Forms, various weapons. This season here in NSB I've been doing regular resistance training at home and at the Nautilus Gym (Beach Side). This is the first time in decades that I've been working towards adding lean muscle mass and it feels good!  

With gratitude and appreciation.

Next I did a Round (Taiji - right side) tuned in to feeling the slight stretching of my skin and the connective tissue directly under my skin (fascia) and to distinguishing the empty and full. I continue to tune in to the affect that I'm receiving from the longevity and consistency that I've been practicing Taiji. It's a slow and insidious result measured in 7 year blocks. Every 7 years a human replaces all the cells, it's cycle that can be observed in any 7 year time block.

I also tuned in to Ting and Song throughout the Round and of course Zhong Ding. Awareness of these Taiji principles are always present but when I really, really tune in I get lot's out of it and I also notice the amount of these qualities that are ever present in my art. Continuous practice for 45+ years does pay off! Yay!!

These past 8 years of Beach and Atlantic Ocean practice along with Scuba Diving and Sailing have coupled up and delivered a unique and profound human experience. I am becoming one with nature! A cultivated and profound appreciation for nature and all the yin/yang aspects that are present in every living moment. 

And we can become aware of and contemplate the incredibly beauty that is ever present in this thing that we call Nature! This 'thing' that we are part of is truly a marvel to witness. 

Find a natural space that resonates with you.

Enjoy being alive! 

Be Still and Breath Deeply.

With a calm mind,

Contemplate the beauty of nature 

Nature is all around you

Nature is inside of you

You are Nature!

Nature is You!

Enjoy being a human being!



Support your local sunrise 

Support your local sunset


Next I did a round of Anyo Isa and Nihanchi Kata tuned in to the quality of my basics in Anyo Isa and the changes that I'm contemplating in Nihanchi Kata.

Next I did a round of Taiji Cane tuned in to the changes that I'm making to Part III and the applications that I saw when I watched Master Ray's latest video; An interesting take on the form. He emphasized some thing more than I do and de-emphasized some of the things that I emphasize. It's all good, simply a different view point.

I finished with a Healing Qigong before heading back to the house.