Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday Practice

 



I shot these images with my phone camera. It was super clear and a rare chance to see the sun rise above the horizon. 

The Details:

It's 64 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:01, low tide at 6:45. It was a bit cooler but less windy than yesterday. I kept my jacket on and put my gloves on too! 


The Practice:

There was plenty of hard packed and semi-wet beach to practices on. I started out down by the water's edge with a combination of The 10+ and a few of Master Ray's 30 warm ups too! I did a full round of the neck stretches that I've added after #3 and then switched back to #4 - 10 with a full session of the 'swings'.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into the effects of long term daily practice and the will and self-discipline that it takes to persevere and how that develops indomitable spirit over time and how doing a 'Round a Day' keeps ones gate youthful longer. 

Next I moved up the beach towards the dunes to do a round of Anyo Apat tuned into the kick/punch sequences and overall agility that this form helps with.

Next I did a round of Wansu Kata tuned into the stretches from extending the kicks all the way to muscle lock.

Next I used my wooden broadsword to do a round of Taiji Cane tuned into the new moves in Part III and the changes at the beginning and end to accommodate the broadsword. I was aware of the blade and tip throughout the form.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.