Saturday, April 13, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

I shot this with my phone camera as soon as I arrived on the beach. Sunrise get's earlier and earlier, day by day and getting down to the beach 10-20 minutes before sunrise on the off chance that there will be an amazing display of color is getting more and more challenging. It's also the end of the season here in NSB. We are heavy into packing for our migration to Leyden. Today was 152 sunrise beach practices this season and like everything else that I do on a daily basis eventually it becomes common place, ordinary and challenging to maintain a beginners mind set and maintain a high level of appreciation and gratitude for being able to practice the material that I practice at this age and of course where I'm practicing. It has been a life long dream of mine to live by the sea. 

With gratitude and appreciation!

The Details:

It's 60 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:00, low tide at 7:42. It was cool on the beach with a steady breeze from the west. I dressed for it and had my hood up and gloves on.


The Practice:

I started down by the water's edge with the first half of Master Ray's 30 Warm Ups and then #8-10 of The 10+. I did a full session of the Swings and Song Gong.

Next I did a Round (right side) reciting the Taiji Classics out loud as I started the Round. I payed close attention to "Neither excess, nor deficiency". To assist I imagine that I was being pulled when I was forward weighted as in a Bow Stance and pushed when I was shifted to the back leg as in Roll Back. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo tuned into my postures.

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata tuned into agility and quality basics

Next I did a round of Arnis Cane Anyo's 1-4 on both the right and left sides, working on the #4 on the left side. I used my wooden broadsword. These 4 Cane Anyo's lend themselves to being done with a broadsword. When I do these with a cane I keep track of where the imaginary blade is. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.