Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

I arrived on the beach a bit late this morning. The sky was super clear and the sun was already above the horizon. I shot this image as soon as I got down to the water's edge with my phone camera.

The Details:

It's 59 here at the house. Sunrise was at 6:59, low tide at 8:38. There was plenty of hard packed semi-wet beach to practice on.


The Practice:

I started with a round of Bagua Zhang's Old Eight Palms tuned into opening my body and mind cultivating with nature's energies focused on the distant horizon.

Breathing in Qi is in me,

Breathing out, I'm in Qi.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into feeling the expanse at the ends of my postures and forming Jin in my fingers.

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat tuned into the quality of my postures.

Next I did a round of Kusanku Kata tuned into extracting as much agility as the form offers. I went really slowly and spent a few moments in the lower postures like the Zen Dashi and Crane Stances.

Next I did a round of Taiji Dao reciting the names of postures out loud as I remembered them.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.