Saturday, April 6, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

I shot these photos with my Canon on a tripod. I had several Pelicans cooperate with composition. Thanks Peli friends.

There were several squadrons of Pelicans cruising the waves just offshore.

I captured these little cutie pies just before sunrise. There were some beautiful hues of light pinks on the horizon, ala Maxwell Parish!

The Details:

It's 62 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:08, high tide at 7:24. There was no discernible wind and very little beach to practice on. I didn't notice any noseeums.


The Practice:

The tide was rising and there was very little beach to practice on. I ended up practicing in deep soft sand, not my favorite but I made due with what I had.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into waking my body and mind up. I've been feeling a bit tired lately. I'm at that point in the season that I'm so used to practicing at sunrise on the beach that it's become very, very ordinary. I have to keep reminding myself of where I am and what I'm doing. It may be easier to access the 'feel good' chemistry if I was training intermittently. Consistency is challenging on many levels. 

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into opening (song) from my armpits to my hips. I also tuned into forming Jin in my finger tips and connecting my Yi to the horizon. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim tuned into adding more snap to my punches and kicks

Next I did a round of Kusanku Kata tuned into agility and stretch. This Kata is substantially more challenging in the deep soft sand. I adjusted accordingly!

I finished with a Healing Qigong as i was returning to the house.

Notes:

The sand was too deep to practice in so I didn't do any weapons training. My left foot has been bothering me. Better safe than sorry? I haven't been doing as much weapons training or musical practices since injuring my right thumb practicing three finger triplets on my bass guitar. I'm working up White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane along with Eight Days a Week by The Beatles for possibly playing with Awesome Possum.