Friday, April 5, 2024

Friday Practice

 

                                      I shot this with my Canon camera in RAW (CR2) format

                                    This is the same image shot in JPEG (compressed) format.


The Details:

It's 57 at the house. Sunrise at 7:09, high tide at 6:32. There was no discernible wind and there was plenty of beach to practice on. It was cool but with my hood up and gloves on I was toasty warm and cozy.


The Practice:

I had limited time this morning due to the regular video meeting with Jeff from 8-9 am on Fridays.

I started with a round of Wild Goose Qigong tuned into natures Qi all around me.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into Mushin State of Mind and Wu Wei

Next I did a Standing Meditation session tuned into cultivating natures energies. I used Holding The Moon and Play Guitar postures to connect internally and externally with the horizon. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I headed back to the house

Notes:

A shorter practice this morning; I needed to get back to the house because, I have a standing video meeting with Jeff every Friday morning from 8-9

I got to the gym to do resistance training twice this week and it felt really good to get back to building lean muscle mass (LMM). Having house guests changed my schedule so I ended up missing the gym last week altogether. I've been very consistent about going to the gym this season. First three time a week then twice. Last week was the first week that I've missed since November 2023. Yay! Resistance training is an essential part of longevity training after 40, definitely after 70!!