Sunday, April 7, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

I shot this with my phone camera as the sun was rising. I wished I had brought my camera rig....Oh well!


The Details:

It's 62 here at the house. Sunrise at 7:07, high tide at 8:16. The tide was high and there was very little beach to practice on. No discernible wind.


The Practice:

I practiced in very soft and deep sand again. It made for a challenging session. I find that I'm unconsciously adjusting my footing and placing my weight very evenly on my supporting foot. I'm also using higher stances in the deep sand.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into opening my joints

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into 'Swimming in Air' and opening (song) the space between my armpits and hips.

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim tuned into agility

Next I did a round of Sunsu Kata tuned into the changes that I'm making and the overall quality of my basics and postures.

Next I did a round of Taiji Dao tuned into the tip of my wooden broadsword.

Next I did 'Level Push' repeatedly with my left hand including the knife flower and change step.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

Notes:

Very few tourists on the beach this morning. The high tide keeps the riff raff off the beach....Yay! It's all good except the lack of hard packed sand to practice on.

We're having brunch with Al and Claire at the Bakers Table at 11:30