Thursday, April 4, 2024

Thursday Practice

 




The Details:

It's 61 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:10, high tide at 5:37. It was cool on the beach, the sea was flat with no discernible wind. I didn't notice any noseeums.


The Practice:

I left my exercise sneakers with my orthotics in the pouring rain yesterday afternoon. It'll take days for them to dry out. Ugh!!

I used my 'go out' sneakers without orthotics and I seemed to be able to get away with it.

I was later than I wanted to be. I've been dealing with an inordinate amount of self-speak, attempting to negotiate a 'day off'. alas my way is to adjust, to rest, to modify, to change just enough to keep consistent. IMO consistency is more critical than intensity, unless you can be consistent at that level of intensity. Anyway I've been having to use more self-discipline to get out to sunrise and the gym than I think is healthy. It's time to adjust!

I started with a modified warm up using The 10+ tuned into consistency of 'doing them'

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into the horizon, soft and smooth, and expressed  Jin in my fingers and hands.

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat tuned into agility and the quality of my basics and postures

Next I did a round of Wansu Kata tuned into adding for Jin at the focus point of my punches and kicks

Next I used my Dragon Canes to do Arnis cane warm ups and Arnis and Taiji basics and sequences from the forms.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was heading back to the house.