Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

I shot this with a Canon camera on a tripod soon after arriving on the beach. I brought my camera because it was very colorful when I looked out the backyard but by the time I got to the beach most of the color had faded away. I was still happy to have my camera rig.

About 1/2 hour after sunrise the sun peaked out from behind the clouds and delivered a moment of color and a splash of red on the wet beach too!


The Details:

It's 71 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:11, last high tide at 4:35. It was warm with an intermittent south wind.  


The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into adjusting my frequency to match mother nature.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into counter balancing and using head butt when angling forward as in "Part the Wild Horses Mane". I'm still working on the three positions for 'Press'; Wrist, Forearm and Palm. I'm finding a comfortable position in all three variations. I prefer the Wrist and Palm.

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo tuned into developing agility with the Step Behind and Turn stance work

Next I did a round of Seiunchin Kata tuned into the quality of my postures and techniques

Next I used my Dragon Canes to do a round of Taiji Double Dao (broadsword)