Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thursday Practice


 The Details:

It's 55 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:51. It's my Mom's 96th Birthday today! Happy birthday Mom!

The Practice:

I started out in The Driveway with a round of Taiji Jian using the heavy wooden practice sword that I purchased from Scott Rodell (years ago). I recited the names of the postures throughout the round as I focused my eyes on the tip of the sword.

Next I used 20 lb dumbbells to do #8 followed by a brief round of The 10+

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on TSOM (Tranquil State Of Mind) throughout the Round along with cultivating Nature Qi. I continue to achieve a profound connection to nature.

Next I did Standing Post Training focused on Ting/Song and enjoying a TSOM

Next I did Healing Qigong

Next I did two rounds of Anyo Anim as I was having a slight problem with the sequence towards the beginning (the two middle defends stepping backwards and two lunge punches stepping forward part)

I realized now that I should have been doing Anyo Lime (5) to match Chinto Kata (#5 Kata in AKS)

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata focused on agility and the correct sequence and techniques.

I'm off to the grocery store (Big Y)  and get a flu shot as well as a CoVid Booster. OY!!


We brought our O'Day 17 Sailboat home yesterday. Our new (er) Honda Passport did well.