Sunday, October 20, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

The Details:

It's 36 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:10. I'm scheduled for a motorcycle ride at 11 with Phil and Luke. There's a Celebration of Life event for Dave K. this afternoon in Shelburne Falls at the White Eagles.


The Practice:

I started with guitar practice inside. Then I went out to The Driveway and did a round of Taiji Dao (Broadsword) using Master Liang's Broadsword. I focused my eyes on the tip of the sword. 

Next I did a round of The 10+ focused on consistency.

Next I did a Round (left side) reciting the Taiji Classics during Part I. I was focused on being consistent and the health benefits of daily practice.

Next I did SPT (Standing Post Training) and Healing Qigong

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo focused on good quality basics. More power in my punches and full extension on my kicks. 

Next I did a round of Sanchin Kata tuned into breathing and connecting my Tan Tien breath with my punches and strikes. I first learned about breathing from the Hara (in Japanese it is called the Lower Tan T'ien in Chinese) Wahin-Ryu Soke Hidy  Ochiai.