Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Tuesday Practice @ The Studio

 


The Details:

It's 36 at the house....Brrrr! The sunrise was at 7:04. I've got Taiji and Qigong Class from 8-10 this morning and next Tuesday are the last two classes that I'll be teaching this season. 


The Practice:

ACTIVELY REFINING is the topic that I presented this morning. I had 4 students show up for class: Nancy, Pat, Janee and Read. 

After talking about actively refining we did a round of The 10+ explaining the exercises that fall into the Functional Exercises column and the exercises that fall into the martial skill development column.

Next we reviewed The Dance and I talked about refining vs sequence. I spent a bunch of time on the Push-Hands section of The Dance. 

Next we did a Round (right side) I stopped briefly at the end of each posture in Part I and in Part II I recited the Taiji Classics. 

Next we did a short Standing Post Training (SPT) 

I finished with Healing Qigong. 

After class I did two round of Taiji Jian with Janee and Read. I recited the names of the postures during the first round and just the postures and sequence for the second round.

Next I went to the YMCA to do a round of CYBEX for strength training.

After the Y I went to Tito's for lunch before returning to Leyden.