Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wednesday Practice @ Paul's

 

The Details:

It's 41 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:06. I'll be going down to Hatfield to meet with Paul for 10 this morning.


The Practice:

I started inside with guitar practice.

Next I went out to The Driveway and did a brief Warm Up using the first few of The 10+

Next I did a Round of Taiji tuned into consistency. I recited the Taiji Classics during Part I.

I had a very buoyant feeling as if Swimming In Air. I managed to thicken up the Qi the is all around me. I imagined the air had the same viscosity as salt water.

Next I drove down to Hatfield to meet with Paul.

When I arrived at Paul's I realized that he was injured from a fall that he had yesterday. He was in a lot of discomfort and not able to stand up or sit straight. 

I did a little sitting exercise with him:
- Knee lifts

- Open and close hands

- Turn palms up then down

- Push and pull

- I tried to do arm circles with him but was he was not able to sit up straight which he needed to do to be able to access both arms.

- I tried again to help him stand up. He was unable to.

- I did proprioceptive exercises with him; touch tips of fingers to the other hand etc.

I finished by demonstrating Part I of the Taiji Solo Form in front of him, consciously extending Healing Energy.