Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wednesday Practice @ Paul's

 


The Details:

It's 44 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:57. I drove down to Hatfield to meet with Paul for 10 this morning.


The Practice:

I started in The Driveway with a brief warm up using the first few of The 10 Exercises focused on health

Next I did a Round (right side) reciting the Taiji Classics during Part I. I entered a TSOM (Tranquil State Of Mind) and had a profound connection to nature.

Next I did Healing Qigong

Next I drove my Volvo down to Hatfield to meet with Paul

Once arrived at Paul's we started with walking in the house.

Next we did the first few of The 10 to warm up

Next we did:

- Sitting ankle pumps, toe then heel

- Sitting knee lifts

- Standing large arm circles in both directions; The Whirlpool and The Fountain

- Standing Palms up and Palms Down

- Single Arm Push-Hands giving Paul resistance to push and pull first then, smoothing it out towards the end. 

- Several Rounds of the first 1/2 of Part I focused on more accuracy

- Throughout I talked about Taiji Theory from The Taiji Classics

- Walking around the house

- We ended with jab and cross to focus pads

- Before I left we did single leg balancing