Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday Practice

  

The Details and Notes:

It's a cool 60 at the house. The sunrise was at 5:35. 

Jeff is came up at 10:00 and we practiced until 12:10 then he visited inside with GG and I until 1:00 ish

Great time at the Lyle Lovett concert at Look Park last night. Leland Sklar was on Bass!! Wow!

Russ Kunkel on drum set. The whole band were seasoned Pros. but the bottom end was truly fabulous.

The Practice:

I started with finger exercises and a brief Warm Up

Next I did a Round (left side) before Jeff came. 

Next I did a round of Standing and Healing Qi

After Jeff arrived and we drank tea and chatted a bit we started with Lower Deflect Parry and Punch with Whole Body whenever issuing power and when to shit weight and when to bring the waist around to the front



Next we did a couple of rounds of San Shou (The Taiji Dance)  (both sides) The Sequence is getting more familiar and we worked on a few Taiji principles during the first round. One specific we worked on is the proper extension (hinge/triangle) at the Elbow and Shoulder. Jeff was straightening his arm too much.

Next we did a round of Cheng Style Baguazhang 8 Animal Palms Alternating sided Changes 1-6. We focused on the sequence's for #5 (Pheonix) & #6 (Rooster)

We also worked on Cheng Style Baguazhang's Yin/Yang Circle Walking. Especially the introduction.