Saturday, September 19, 2026

Saturday Practice

 



The Details and Notes:

It's 49 at the house. The coldest morning yet! It's forecast to be cooler for the next few day's. The sunrise was at 6:35.

Jeff is coming to train today from 10-noon.

Nice Harvest Supper last night, except for Echo, he was a royal Pain in the arse; Barked, growled and didn't listen at all. Oy Vey!!

The Practice:

I started in The Driveway with a round of Monkey Staff focused on the quality of my Technique's.

Next I did a brief Warm Up focused on Consistency

Next I did a Round (right side) to Master Liang's music and count. I had a glitch during Part II

Next I went up to my main training area and did a round of Anyo Lima focused on Applications and Basics.

Next I did a round of Chinto focused on Agility and Mobility 

After Jeff arrived we started with tea and conversation.

Next we worked on Cheng Style Baguazhang 8 Animal Palms Changes 1-7. We worked on Changes 2,3,4,5,6 and he learned #7 (Chi-Ling). We adjusted numerous aspects of each change.

Next we worked on standardizing Sunsu Kata; As far as he is teaching it to Malcolm. 

Next we did a round of Taiji Dance (the main side). We worked on single, 4-direction and vertical pushing-hands.

That's all we had time for today. Jeff helped bring the tea pot, tea cups etc. inside before he left.