Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday Practice 2.6.23

 

The Photo:

The tide was coming up fast at sunrise, slated to be high at 9:15. Sunrise was at 7:10 this morning, getting earlier and earlier as the days get longer. The wind was blowing pretty good but from the west so the beach was in the lee. 

Here I captured a woman walking her dog just as the sun first peaked above the clouds. I couldn't have timed it better if I set it up. I see her and her dog out here most mornings. The dog (large German Sheppard) just loves jumping in the ocean surf. Loves it!!

The Practice:

This morning was an exercise in adjusting and compromising. I first let her out back and then feed and watered Lucy (our dog) before I left for the beach. I figured if I put her food dish down as I was leaving she wouldn't notice as much? Anyway, I needed to get back to give her a proper walk and I had a dentist appointment in Daytona (35 min drive) at 9am. Hmmm....Not ideal but it is what it is. 

I focused on suspending time and keeping track of it at the same time. Oy! I managed to get a reasonable practice in as the habit and feeling kicked in. All in all very productive.


Notes:

I saw Paul jogging and the dog lady with her German Sheppard. Lot's of tourists out for sunrise, even though the tide was so high. When you're on vacation sunrise is sunrise and they are all special in their own way. They will be pleasantly surprised about mid day when there's 100 yards from dune to water and plenty of hard pack sand to play on.