Saturday, May 6, 2023

Friday Practice - Slightly stretch the connective tissue -

One of my favorite practice spots on our property - The Garden Spot - Between the front and the middle fields - It has a beautiful tree lined view down the middle field, facing north. 

With gratitude and appreciation!
 

Super busy day. Starting off at the 'work bee' at SYC (Spofford Yacht Club - New Hampshire). Starting at 8:30, I spent a few hours moving picnic tables, sunfish, masts etc. It was good to see folks that we've known over the 35+ years that we've been members. 

GG's  currently on the fast track to be Commodore of SYC. We're going to be spending a lot of time at The Club. It's a great spot to practice early in the morning before anyone shows up. 

 I got back home around noon, changed and went out to The Garden Spot to practice. 

Even though I had been lifting heavy things for a couple of hours (very active), I did a full Warm Up before my Round (left side)

During Part II of the form I was able to access the most profound feeling 'spirited movement' that I've felt to date. 

I continued by focusing on feeling a slight stretch in my connective tissue. 

Afterwards I did Standing Meditation, using the Bagua Zhang Guard Posture on both sides. Focusing on proper vertical alignment, Sung head to toe and using the 'twisting' to slightly stretch the connective tissue in order to make it conductive to Jin and Qi.


Sifu holding the Bagua Zhang Guard Posture for meditation.