Thursday, November 9, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

Phil and Zach practice joint locking before the Bagua for Health Seminar on Oct. 22nd

I had a busy morning Dave and Co. scheduled to put antifreeze in the heating lines and a private class with Paul C. in Hatfield. Read met me at Paul's. This is my last time for this season. We are leaving for NSB on Saturday morning. Just in time...It looks like freezing cold and possibly ice here in the north east!! It's time to migrate south!

I did a short warm up and a Round (left side) in the driveway before I left for Hatfield. Today I focused once again on expanding and contracting with silent Hun/Haah breathing and using Mushin  (mind/no mind)


I met Read in the parking area and we went in together. Read was taking notes and we had a brief discussion about material and what I thought he and the 'team Paul' had to offer, siting Read sharing his version of Tai-Chi Ruler a couple of weeks ago. That really resonated with Paul! I suspect that kind of insight will be across the board with this particular group of teachers. 

I proceeded to do a general review of the material that I've working with Paul on.

We started with Wuji Standing, then using correct postural alignment we walked the Bagua circle  around my knapsack in both directions.

Next a brief warm up and big open arm circles in both directions.

We moved on to focus pad work. Working single Jabs on both sides