Monday, September 7, 2026

Monday Practice - Labor Day -

 

            We went to SYC last evening for the Labor Day Cookout. This is the view from our table.


The Details and Notes:

Day #6

It's a cool 53 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:17.


The Practice:

I started in The Driveway with two rounds of Lo Family Staff I've got a Sequence/Technique glitch about 1/2 way through at the cross leg stances. I can make it through but I'm not certain that I'm using the correct Stance Work. Hmmmm

Next I did a round of Yin Style Baguazhang 8 Palms Changes 1-8 (both sides) reciting the names of the postures where I could. I've got 1-4 down but I'm sketchy of 5-8. Oy! 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim focused on Applications and Sequence.

Next I did a round of Kusanku Kata focused on Mobility and Agility. Leg Strength and Sequence/Technique. I used the original Double Knife Hand Challenges that I learned from Sensei McCabe back in the 1970's.

Next I did a round of Finger/Cognition Exercises.

Next I did a brief Warm Up adding #8 to the mix.

Next I weeded in The Driveway.

Next I did Parts I & II (left side)

Next I went for a 50 minute walk up Alexander Road.

Next I weeded up the driveway to my main training area

Next I did a Round of Part III focused on Health and Consistency.

Next I did a brief Standing and Healing Qigong.

That's it for today........